Sunday, February 14, 2010

Impulse

M: Excuse me ma'am, this may seem odd but I have to tell you, you are exceptionally beautiful.

W: Um, thank you.

M: I'm sorry, you must think I'm a creep.

W: Just a little bit.

M: I really didn't mean to. I couldn't help it.

W: I'm sure you didn't.

M: Where are you headed?

W: Into the city, to go to school.

M: The school in the city? Its a boarding school. Why would you want to go there?

W: I'm trying to get into a good collage.

M: Ah, Figures you'd be the educational type.

W: And what do you mean by that?

M:Nothing...Its just that you dress to fancy for this type of little town. Your family must have money. And families with any money try to keep their children well educated.


W: Just because someone has money doesn't mean they are educated. Its my choice to go to school.

M: U-huh, that's likely.

W: Why how rude you are.

M: Yup, just a little old country bumpkin. Not afraid to hurt a ladies feelings with mindless lies.

W: Ha, is that what you think of a gentleman, all lies?

M: Yup. Haven't ever meet one that's told the truth yet.

W: And you don't think that someone who is not a gentleman of wealth lies too?

M: Oh I'm sure they do, but not as much, nor as ...deep as a "gentleman."


W: And what is that supposed to mean?

M: That a poor person will say things like "Your looking better." Even if you don't. Or if your wife asks, "Does this make me look fat?" And answer no, even if it does. To avoid an argument. A "Gentleman" will lie about everything and anything, sometimes just to hurt some one else. And gain something for themselves.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting idea, I liked how easily it flowed. My only suggestion would be to change the color of the green font, cause it was kind of hard to read :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. the green must go. other than that it was a cool way of writing, with some deep-but-at-the-same-time-not-so-deep-but-still-kind-of-deep stuff at the end.

    ReplyDelete